Random kiwi thoughts:
- So much for the stereotype, I was here for a whole week before seeing a single sheep (today)! Saw lots of these instead:
Including road warning signs:
- Kiwis drive like madmen!!! And on 2-lane roads where in most places a reasonable speed limit would be 80 km/h - tops!-, but here the speed limit can be 100 kph... and you still get drivers speeding past you!
|curves in deadly Dome Valley|
- Oh, and apparently you also have to watch out for strange things on the roads here, lol!:
- flip-flops are called jandals
- mosquitos are mozzies
- a bach (pronounced batch) is like a second (holiday) residence... traditionally just a roof over a place to sleep and cook, sometimes without running water or electricity etc., but can be a fully equipped place as well.